The EFY Fund
If the inability to pay prevents you or someone you know from seeking breast-care services, the Especially for You® Fund may be lifesaving.
Since October 1991, as a result of the annual Especially for You Race Against Breast Cancer, free mammograms and other breast-care services have been provided to area individuals in need.
The Especially for You fund covers:
- Mammograms, CAD technology, Tomosynthesis and additional diagnostic exams, including MBI
- The fee for an office visit to the health provider ordering the exams
If treatment is required, a medical social worker will help find other financial resources.
You may receive financial assistance if you:
- Live in or around Linn County and use Cedar Rapids health-care facilities
- Receive a health-care provider’s written or verbal order for a mammogram
- Complete a short, confidential application form
- Schedule your mammogram at Mercy Medical Center or one of the other accredited mammography facilities in Cedar Rapids
- Follow American Cancer Society mammography guidelines: a mammogram annually for a woman over age 40, or as recommended by a health care provider for women younger than 40.
Need a mammogram? Concerned about the cost? Apply for help with our Especially for You Fund, or call (319) 221-8889.